a quick little spotify update because it's been two years

If you don't already know, I absolutely love music. I live and breathe for music. I haven't done a Spotify update since 2019 and my music is completely different since then. In 2020, since I never updated, I went through an extreme indie pop and alternative pop phase in which I only listened to artists such as Wallows, Dayglow, Livingston, Jutes, Spencer Barnett, Conan Gray, Jack Gray, AJ Mitchell, and Greyson Chance. While I still love those artists, I think my vibe has changed a lot since then. 

songs of june 2021

GENRES: Alternative rock, rock, 80s music, pop rock, punk, punk rock, alternative pop

1. Machine Gun Kelly: Tickets to My Downfall
This is an artists I only started really listening to in late 2019 when he released his Tickets to My Downfall album, his first "punk rock" album. I absolutely ADORE this album and I'm fairly sure it'll be in my top 5 in the 2021 Spotify Wrapped. I listen to it all the time and love all of the songs.
FAVORITE SONGS: lonely, bloody valentine, play this when i'm gone, kiss kiss, drunk face, nothing inside, all i know, body bag ft. YUNGBLUD, love race (not on the album!)

2. YUNGBLUD: weird!
I've listened to Yungblud (Dom) for a while but I absolutely loved his latest album, weird!, which I would also categorize as punk rock, though it definitely covers a lot of different genres. I've been following Dom since the start of his career and love all of his old music, but this newest album is definitely my favorite. 
FAVORITE SONGS: weird, acting like that ft. mgk, cotton candy, love song, teresa, god save me but don't drown me out, mars, strawberry lipstick

3. jxdn
While his debut album isn't out until July 2 (so soon!), I absolutely love jxdn (Jaden Hossler) and his music. He is a Tiktoker but his music is the rare bit that is actually good when made by a Tiktoker. I love his collabs with fellow Tiktoker-singer Nessa Barrett, despite the drama with them and their relationship. I've also been following him since he started (actually since before he ever started music) and I can't wait for the new album (maybe I'll do an album review?!).
FAVORITE SONGS: comatose, angels and demons, la di die (with Nessa), think about me, I'm Dead (with Nessa), so what!, better off dead

4. Waterparks: Greatest Hits
While Waterparks was already in my 2019 post and maybe even my 2018 posts, I still love them and their latest album is amazing. I have always stanned them and especially since I have started liking their genre of music again, they're always in my playlist.
FAVORITE SONGS: You'd Be Paranoid Too (If Everyone Was Out to Get You), Violet, Numb, Lowkey as Hell, American Graffiti, Snow Globe, Rare, Not Warriors, Lucky People, Dream Boy, Watch What Happens Next

5. 5SOS: Calm
If you don't already know, I love 5 Seconds of Summer with my whole heart. They've been my number one band since 2018 and I adore everything about these men. Luke just recently got engaged too! While I haven't been listening to them as much lately due to the fact that their last album was released in March 2020, I obviously still love everything about those four men and would do anything for them <3
FAVORITE SONGS (way too many to count but): Best Years, No Shame, Wildflower, Thin White Lies, Not in the Same Way, High, Kill My Time (and then all of their old music!)

6. Olivia Rodrigo: Sour
Olivia has been killing it in the music industry lately, even rising above Taylor Swift in Spotify listeners! She's almost beating Ariana Grande and is the fifth most listened to person right now, and she's only eighteen years old! I love her and her music, and have loved her since season one of HSMTMTS.
FAVORITE SONGS: favorite crime, brutal, good 4 u, deja vu, 1 step forward, 3 steps back, hope ur ok

7. Greyson Chance: Trophies
The new Greyson Chance EP is phenomenal and although it's not a genre I listen to as much anymore, I will be definitely be streaming this EP for a long time. All of the songs are beautiful and I also love all of the songs on his Portraits album as well!
FAVORITE SONGS: Nobody, Hands, O Violet, Clothes, High Waisted

~
~
~

I hope you enjoyed and check out my playlist linked above for a further look into my favorite songs. I have over 170 songs on there just for this month alone and I would love for all of you to check it out!

<3

Malayna


Comments

Popular Posts