umm... so it's 2021

This is so awkward but um, I guess I'm back?!?

I COMPLETELY forgot about this blog and yesterday at 2am I went down a rabbit hole at looking at my old blogs and my own posts and absolutely screaming at everything I wrote in 2016-2019. I must have been on something because I sound like a completely different person. I don't remember writing HALF the stuff I had put on there but wow, I was really living my best life.

I will NOT be making any stupid promises this time and claim that I will update more because that is 100% a lie and I know it and you know it. However, I do want to give a quick life update and prove I'm not dead; yes, I do post on my other blog, iRead, still, so go check it out if you want (shameless self promo!).

I will be posting an UPDATED Q&A since those used to be the vibe for old-me sometime in the near future. However, as of right now, here are some quick updates from life.

******


1. SO WE LIVED THROUGH A PANDEMIC? I mean, it's not over yet BUT the worst SHOULD be over by now, since we have vaccines! The last time I posted was BEFORE that pandemic and I think COVID really really changed me. I became an entirely different person over quarantine. I am ALL for public speaking, I no longer identify as an EXTREME introvert (though I still lean towards the introverted spectrum, maybe about 60-40), I want to be a LAWYER?!?

2. I WANT TO BE A LAWYER NOW? I would often proclaim my absolute DREAM of becoming a "famous writer" back in the day but... that is a lie, at least for the new-me. I am all for going into law now, either as a prosecutor or a human rights lawyer! I absolutely LOVE speaking my mind and I often get into extreme debates with Trumpets at school.

3. I WANT TO GO TO COLUMBIA NOW? My dream used to be Stanford but now I adore New York and am applying to mostly NYC schools! (Stanford is still on the list).

4. I AM GOING TO COLLEGE NEXT YEAR??? I've never heard anything scarier. I can't believe I am going to college next year when the last time I updated this blog I was still a sophomore and living my best life before the pandemic hit. I'm already writing college essays and meeting with my school's college advisor and I cannot believe how fast time is moving.

5. I AM GOING INTO MY SENIOR YEAR? How am I almost graduating? In less than a year I will be DONE with high school, which I'm sad about because I missed out on almost half of it because of the pandemic. 

6. I'M STILL SINGLE?? Is that really a surprise? Although I was set up with a friend and it did not go well..

7. MY FAVORITE... EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED? My new favorite show is Shameless, my new favorite book(s) are Like a Love Story by Abdi Nuzemain and Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, my new favorite genre of music is rock/punk rock/alt rock/80s, my new favorite artist is MGK (punk rock MGK only), Waterparks, Declan McKenna, etc, etc.

8. I HAVE A JOB NOW? I work at Subway and I am planning on doing a stories-from-subway segment on this blog because of how much trauma I have already experienced, despite the fact that this is the end of my third week. 

9. I HAVE LOBBIED ALREADY? I have already lobbied in Congress once and am planning on doing so again next week. I am the president and founder of my community's Amnesty International chapter and I just absolutely love all of the work I have gotten done with the help of my team. 

********

Wow. I've become an entirely different person, if that's even possible. EXPECT UPDATES SOON BUT NOT TOO SOON!

Malayna <3




Comments

Popular Posts