How to: Make an Awesome Summer Reading List and STICK TO IT + MY SUMMER READING LIST

Hey, guys! Today I am going to be talking about summer reading lists and goals and how to stick to them.

Let's face it: reading in the summer is hard. And yes, my reading rates go down by a LOT. I mean, I've only read 4 books this month, which is an incredible drop from my 14 last month. I still am reading, but at a slower pace.

People have things to do over the summer: camps, vacations, trips... tanning, playing video games, or exercising.

So it may seem like there isn't a lot of time to READ. Besides, reading for some people may seem boring, especially over the summer when you aren't in school or at work.

But you should always read at least a little over the summer, because it helps to prepare you for the following school year, or keep you productive as you do your fun stuff over the summer.

So here are some ways to MAKE a summer reading list and how to STICK TO IT.

**********

1. Pick a series.
I find that if you read a series over the summer, you tend to read more because you want to finish all of the books and figure out what happens, instead of stand-alones that you finish and never think about again.

2. Pick some fluffy reads that you can read in a day or two.
Fluffy reads are interesting and don't take too long to read; however, you have at least read something. Fluffy reads are generally contemporary romances that don't have a giant plotline and are easier to read. PS I LOVE THESE SO MUCH ;D

3. Pick books related to summer.
Books that are about the summer are typically summer reads and are a good idea for summer reading.

4. Make a to-read list and pick randomly.
Although this may not be the best idea, sometimes when I have too many choices or NO choices, I like to make a list of books I would be okay with reading (usually it's about 5 or 10 books long) and pick randomly. Then I add that to my summer reading list and there we go! Sometimes, I end up reading the whole to-read list and that works too :D

5. Set a time in the day to read.
This is important because even though you may have a summer reading list, chances are you'll "forget" about it and not read at all. So pick a time of day when you aren't busy and read! For me, I read in the morning right when I wake up and in the evening, right before I go to sleep.

6. Set a timer.
This is an idea for people who tend to read for about 5 minutes a day and never pick up a book again until the next day. 5 minutes a day is progress, but it honestly isn't enough. Set a timer with your phone, a clock, or the computer, and don't stop reading until you hear it ring. I never do this because I tend to read for at least an hour and a half, but you know... If I did, I would set it to about 45 minutes to an hour...

**********

Here is MY summer reading list that is constantly growing and growing.



  1. Thirteen Reasons Why
  2. The Sun is Also a Star
  3. Our Chemical Hearts
  4. Love and F1rst Sight
  5. Black City
  6. If There’s No Tomorrow
  7. Girl in Pieces
  8. That Thing We Call a Heart
  9. Lady Midnight
  10. Lord of Shadows
  11. The Upside of Unrequited
  12. Maud
  13. Tell Me Three Things
  14. Until Friday Night
  15. Stranger Than Fanfiction
  16. The Hate U Give
  17. Lucky In Love
  18. A Court of Thorns and Roses
  19. Uglies
  20. Monument 14
  21. The Name of the Star
  22. Need
  23. The Memory of Things
  24. Bone Gap
  25. This is Where it Ends
  26. City of Lost Souls
  27. City of Heavenly Fire
  28. Hello Goodbye, and Everything in Between
  29. Love Letters to the Dead

THIS IS STILL GROWING AND GROWING SO...

I will put a list of books I read over the summer when the summer ends :D

**********

Please comment down below your summer reading list!! Thanks!

Malayna

Comments

  1. I don't really have a summer reading list, but I'll try to make one up right now. I don't usually read a lot because I get stressed out sometimes. Here's my Summer reading list:

    Keeper of the Lost Cities (finish the few books left I have)
    Everneath
    The Unwanteds
    I can't think of anything more :) ;) Maybe I have a few more that I am forgetting about! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts