THIRTEEN REASONS WHY - EPISODE ONE REVIEW

So I recently started watching the Thirteen Reasons Why TV show after, also recently, finishing the book. Read my review here!!

So... episode one.

Where to begin??
Well first... the rating. 
This is just not working so excuse the strange alignment. And the big crazy space underneath this. It is impossible to get rid of.
Image result for five stars png

ANYWAYS, let's continue.

First, Clay. The protagonist was played by Dylan Minnette. I recognized him from... what was it? Oh, yes... Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Oh, and Goosebumps. So I've seen this guy before.

I really enjoyed watching him as Clay because he was what I imagined Clay to look like. I don't know but I enjoyed this acting choice.

Katherine Langford played Hannah Baker. I haven't seen her before but she was a perfect Hannah. I loved how all of the actors and actresses were spot on with my imagination.

So this show was very like the book. However, instead of just listening to tapes the whole time, the thing was acted out instead, which was obvious and very enjoyable. I loved watching scenes that I remembered from the book being played out by real life characters. 

I LOVED JUSTIN. Okay, okay, that sounds weird but in this TV show, he was so unlike what I had imagined that it made me feel more drawn to him than in the books. I kind of shipped him with Hannah which was different but pretty cool. BTW for those of you who wanted to know, Justin played by Brandon Flynn.

So that's it. I really enjoyed watching this "pilot" episode and it was really interesting. I'm halfway through the second episode and it's just as good as the first. Expect a more thorough review when I'm finished!

Thanks for reading and read on!!

Malayna

Comments

Popular Posts